Wednesday 14 November 2012

Square to Square drafts




These are images I have taken for my square to square project. They are macro portraits; as in I have selected parts of the body which have scars or visible shadows in the bone structure to photograph. I really like the idea of being able to see underneath the skin in a way, it gives a new meaning to 'getting underneath it all to the real person'. I selected the top one finally because the torso looks like rolling hills, together with the bleak colours and shadows it tricks the eye into not understanding what it is. Not unlike what Minor White did in his photos or the tabletop cities I photographed, playing with scale is really fun and, as I wanted to do after seeing David Shrigkley's work, brings humour into my photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment