Saturday 2 November 2013

First Photos

I started by taking pictures on the 'pharaohs horses' image. I asked 3 of my friends to stand in front of the mirror in the sort of position that the horses heads are in and start putting makeup on. I got this idea for recreating the image from going out one night; all the girls were clambering around a small mirror with their heads together getting ready and chatting. The image just reminded me of the horses heads so i asked them to recreate it. I tried using a DSLR for this as I want a modern digital image, desklamps and overhead lights to look like a serendipitous shot and ambient mood. I didn't pose them or have any special equipment because I wanted it to look like a documentary photograph and in the moment because I thought it would look less formal and more like the actual scene taking place. After looking at the images though they didnt look how I wanted them to. Because of the lack of light the image is hazy, theres too much going on in the room and objects around the girls create too much distraction for the viewer. Next shoot I will try in a more well lit place, maybe using daylight, with as little stuff in the room as possible. I also try shooting in the studio with a large or medium format camera for enhanced detail in the image. Also I don't think I want to have any reflections in the mirror, all the attention should be on the girls putting on makeup.


No comments:

Post a Comment