Monday 28 October 2013

Flash I will recreate

I have decided on the classic tattoo designs I will be recreating in photography. They are going to be in a modern manner drawing on influences from Jeff Wall and tableaux photography with a fashion/street photography view like Jeff Mermelstein, Martin Parr, Alec Soth and Stephen Shore. I will try and add a bit of humour into the photograph like Oscar Gustave Rejlander and make it so people of this generation will understand it and connect with the images. I have chosen these images because I think I will be able to create the best images for them, they are the most relevant to this day and age and they were also the most relevant to the past tattooists.


 End of the Trail, maybe something to do with coming home after a party or hard night out?

 Pharaohs horses, people pushing passed each other to get onto the bus or in a shop?
 Rock of Ages, child clinging onto mother?
 Sacred Heart, a rockstar or celebrity? homeless man or person selling newspapers?








And either an eagle or swallows, both have a long history in tattooing, whichever brings out the best image I will use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment