Tuesday 6 May 2014

Contact sheet #1

First shoot of the bed image.I wanted to have a plain background with a splash of colour with a bright red shirt in this image, however when I tried it out it just didn't work, I thought it looked to brash and too much like a normal scene. I decided to keep the colours to a minimum and use more formal clothes with a shirt and pants; by adding these different clothes it makes the image more eventful, the majority of the time these clothes are worn is when something is happened, but the event isn't explained here. I didn't like the way the clothes were laid out either, again folding them up and placing them carefully makes it feel like something important is happening that has required preparation, I also added the shoes because I think they add more body and interesting form to the subject. Now I turned my attention to the overall composition, playing with different angles I realised the wooden door in the far right was distracting to the image so I cut that out, also the door on the left was similarly distracting. Finally I experimented with using natural light and flash; I found that the flash gave the image too warm a hue and didn't have a moody enough lighting. I decided to use natural light because it is stark, sets a mood in the image and has a clean, stark and even forensic feel to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment