Thursday 24 October 2013

Drawing my flash







This is my setup I've finalised on. I use Daler Rowney watercolour paper, Promarker pens with blender and Faber Castell indian ink pens. After trying watercolours like most tattooists I found I wasn't very confortable using them. I talked to a friend of mine in Churchyard Tattoo in Hitchin Hertfordshire and he suggested I try these pens, which work like a charm! I usually sketch out an idea roughly in my sketchbook, turn the page over and use my alptop as a lightbox to draw over it again with more detail. Then I'll use my 'lightbox' again to draw the design onto watercolour paper and go over it with pen. Finally I colour it all in! It made me realise how much work is put into just one drawing. I think though I might try different, darker colours next time though as these are a bit tooo 'cartooney'.

No comments:

Post a Comment