Saturday 5 October 2013

Explore and Experiment

For this project I want to explore the way photographers such as Jeff Wall and Tom Hunter recreate classic paintings in photography. I think its a really interesting way of giving new life to old paintings and even better when artists put their own style to the works, its like seeing a painting the way someone else sees it. I'm going to start by looking at how these artists have done this and visit galleries with classical paintings to understand that genre of art more. From there I will choose a few paintings that I like most and go about recreating them in photography in different ways. I will experiment with film, black and white, digital, drawings, paintings and other mediums. Ultimately I want to share with the viewer what I see when I look at a painting and what random thoughts pop into my head when I do. This can be anything from 'a figure in the background looks like someone I know' to 'this scene reminds of a scene from a movie I watched with my girlfriend', anything that gives my personal experience with a painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment