Tuesday 8 April 2014

Pop Art





 Current trends in photography at the moment are saturated colours of everyday things, this has a resounding similarity to pop art. As above Roy Lichenstein and Andy Warhol took everyday objects and made them pop with colour, they were surreal because of the banality of the subjects, but interesting because of its 'poor' subject matter. Magazines such as 'Toilet Paper' have hooked on to this and used this technique in their images -
As have photographers such as Harry Griffin and Mitch Epstein -


I do like this photography, but have tried it before in my own work and never really taken to it with my images. I will explore it again though as my subject matter this time with the film stills could relate better to the saturation effect, given it more of a strange and film like look.

No comments:

Post a Comment