Tuesday 8 April 2014

Technical aspects

I have been scouring through films stills, movies, Film still photographers and such and been taking notes on what makes them look so interesting, how they create a film like quality. As a result I think I have found a way to give my images a film look; I am going to experiment with an LED video panel as a studio light. This panel gives a soft white glow that can be filtered with others colours if needed, which I will also try out. Using this and a portable reflector I think will add a light which resembles films and gives off that vibe to the viewer, keeping them grounded with the overall composition of everyday things, if slightly surreal, but transporting them onto a movie set with movie like lighting. In view of me starting to edge towards older films I will try alternating between my digital camera and film camera, the graininess of the film might add a bit more film feel, whereas the digital might be a bit too clear and defined to give off that feeling of other worldliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment