Friday 24 January 2014

Michael Nguie



Michel Nguie is one of my favourite photographers at the moment. He says he is driven by 'finding colour', and its very evident in his photographs; flawlessly seeing photographs that group vibrant colours together perfectly. He also photographs things that are surreal and interesting in a strange way. I like the third picture in the way that its busy, a lot of the time too much in a photograph can ruin it, not here, in a funeral shrine where death is celebrate there is an abundance of life. What is most attracting to me about his photographs is his use of flash, it singles out the subject of the photograph to maintain dominance. Also, as I learnt from Fight Club and The Machinist is the use of light to create that feeling of starkness, I think using a flash could really give that feeling to my photographs, enhancing the 'insomniac experience'.

No comments:

Post a Comment