Thursday 23 January 2014

Missy Prince



Missy Prince takes wonderful pictures of things she see's in her life. The way she brings them alive though is looking at them through a dream like lens, the light in most of her pictures is very romantic; in the third picture of the back of a mans head the light feels like its revealing something just out of view. The first picture is what really interested me; strange, surreal objects in everyday areas. This may seem normal to people that go there frequently, but to the outsider its amazing. The second picture of the bike is also striking, very dead pan it doesn't seem to obsessed with a meaning, it just is, and thats what I think beauty is all about. I think I will try and use these qualities in my photography; trying to reveal something of the everyday and bring outsiders into 'my world'. Also I don't want to get too hung up on the why, just the fact that this image is beautiful just because.

No comments:

Post a Comment